So excited to be heading to Disneyland for a weekend of fun and hopefully some sun…nothing like a little shot of Disney in the middle of the winter blahs…it is like a direct hit of happy!! This trip will be the beginning of what will become a really fun place to stop on YouTube. Watch for our brand new channel with updates from all that is new and happening in Disneyland! I am bring my videography team with me this trip and there should be some interesting video and commentary…nothing like a teenagers perspective on things…hmmmm. Well….stay tuned! We will let you know when things are up and running and if nothing else, there will be pics posted! Have a magical day all!
Wow….talk about a busy time time in the parks! Universal included! We just returned from 11 days of heavenly weather, to minus 17-18 degrees Celsius, which is….ummmmm…really cold in Fahrenheit! Record numbers in the parks this Christmas. Universal hit their all time high! I didn’t actually get into the M.K., but we did Epcot , H.S. and A.K. Since we are veterans of the parks, I was able to keep my parents (70’s) one step ahead of the crowds and I officially joined the elite “fast pass sprint group” A job usually reserved for my husband or much younger than me, sons! You know the drill….enter park…book it to the first fast pass option of the day, pre-determined after much thought! I did a date night with my husband to Universal😉 since I felt it was only right to pay homage to JAWS. I did the ride and forced myself to actually look at the shark to say good bye. It still terrified me….I KNOW it’s not real.😳 So, I said good bye, good riddance scary fish! Rumor has it…Harry Potter moving in there as well. Not much new at WDW…yet!!! Looking forward to an exciting 2012 for WDW! Including the lovely “Fantasy”…gotta figure out a way to get on a Disney Cruise soon…suffering withdrawal! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a very happy holiday season…we were in FLA for the first time on Christmas day…thought we might feel odd and miss the traditional Christmas at home….NOPE! Had a great time and would do it again. Happy New Year!! Anyone else there over the holidays??
Rooms with a ‘royal touch’
Imagine waking up in a place where Disney Princes and Princesses have stayed. Beginning mid-February 2012, when Walt Disney World guests stay in the Royal Guest Rooms at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort—-Riverside, they’ll discover special treasures left behind by the stars of favorite animated films such as “Aladdin,” “Beauty and the Beast” and “The Princess and the Frog.”
In quarters befitting not only the young Princes and Princesses of the family but also their grown-up King and Queen parents, guests can unwind amid remarkable décor. They’ll be able to watch “fireworks” swirl as they recline in ornate beds, curl up in custom linens and more. It’s majesty and fun, all rolled into one. Each of the 512 Royal Guest Rooms sleeps up to four guests in two queen beds.
2015 is shaping up to be an incredible year for theme parks.
What we are currently hearing from very reputable news sources is that a new Harry Potter Land is going to open at Universal Studios Hollywood in 2015 in a deal that should be finalized in the next couple of weeks.
The biggest questions are where is it going to go and what is it going to include. To answer those questions, We must point out that this is a very fluid situation that has yet to be officially announced, but what we are hearing is that it will be somewhat similar to the Harry Potter Land at Islands of Adventure. Whether that means that Hollywood is getting robotic arms and dueling coasters is anyone’s guess. The only thing that we can bank on at this point is an immersive village where they serve Butterbeer someplace.
A new spring promotion just released! Save up to 30% on select Disney resorts. Book through January 22, 2012 for stays most nights February 21 to March 31, 2012. Book through February 28, 2012 for stays most nights April 13 to June 14, 2012. Hey Canada, this includes March Break!!!!! Contact Pure Magic Vacations for details and hurry before this promotion sells out!
If you were watching me…watching them, you would notice the mixture of bewilderment, awe and pity. Don’t misunderstand! I do get it! I have 3 boys, but I was pretty lucky…they have been troopers from day 1. They are theme park veterans from an early age. I am not one of those people that looks at the poor parents with disgust, nor do I think that you and your melty child have no business being at the happiest place on earth??!! I look and watch because, not unlike a car wreck, you just have to watch! It is the gale force winds emitting from their tiny lungs, the super hero strength that makes the biggest, muscly Dads sweat, and the the tiny face the colour of a Pomegranate at Christmas! Add another interesting layer….a very tiny Princess that has visited the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique earlier that day that is sporting an up-do and tiara that is the envy of prom queens everywhere! Or, a very small Capt. Jack wielding a sword with drunken sailor abandonment! When you mix that sweat and tears with glitter and hairspray or a fake moustache and dread locks, you have….I’m not really sure? I really do take pity, I know it’s hard…and I especially feel for the folks that have truly saved for a better part of their lives as parents, to bring their kids to the “magic”.
So…a few tips to start, to try and avoid the “this trip is costing us a lot of money and you are going to have FUN!” syndrome.
1. Pre-plan, pre-plan then, pre-plan! If it is your first visit or your 10th visit, you have to pre-plan. This is one very good reason to book your trip with a qualified Disney Vacation planner, like Pure Magic Vacations! (shameless plug) We do fantastic itinerary planning.
2. You have spent say….5 grand to bring your family to Disney…rent the stroller….everyday. They are awesome, turn on a dime and you can sit your butt in it while the kids are with Dad or vice versa.
3. When you stay on Disney property, you are likely not driving a vehicle and you may not be carrying any cash since you have everything on your Key to the Kingdom card. Bring cash. A cab from one end of WDW to the other is about $20.00. It could very well save your life. MELT DOWN CAN OCCUR while waiting in the line for the bus back to Port Orleans after the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. You have just watched 14 other buses leave for every other resort on property and there are 300 people ahead of you in line. Again, you have spent 5 grand…spend the 20 and be in bed in 15 mins. I am not knocking Disney Transport by any means…just spend the 20.
4. In the big picture….will the extra $25.00 you spend on the Disney stuffy, hat, sword, Ears etc….really matter at the end of the day….let them pick one, tell them they can have one, buy one and at the end of it all, buy another…these are the magical touches that they remember and could have very well saved you maybe 2 melt downs. (factor in at least 1 Mickey Ice Cream per day, it is only right! For the kids too!)
5. Advanced Dining Reservations…hmmmmm, you know your kids best, but….I have for years avoided them and it was only as my kids got older that we started using them. Why?? If my boys wanted to keep going, we kept going! If they were hungry at 4, we ate at 4. Saying dinner is not until 8, so that you can see Mickey, Donald, Goofy is just a recipe for disaster if you ask me. If you can get an early seating, go for it, or do breakfast!
6. On your first day of arrival…make sure you have exactly what you may need in your carry-on to get through the day. Including swimsuits! ME (Magical Express) is awesome, but on occasion…your bags don’t show up until, oh say, maybe, 1:00…..AM! Keep this in mind for Disney cruising too.
7. You know those characters that we all LOVE so much…so do the other 5 million people in the park with you. Long line ups waiting to fill those cute autograph books….choose wisely….do a pre check on the hungry, tired, thirsty, gotta go to the bathroom meter. Don’t stress the kids out by trying to get the perfect picture. Candid shots of them interacting with the cast members and characters are often the best.
8. Take advantage of the Touring Plan apps, make arrangements to have access to data if from outside of the U.S.
9. Realize you will not see it all. Know your maps. Understand the Fast Pass system.
10. Remember why you spent the money, not how much you are spending
Disney is all about making magical memories. Memories for you just as much as memories for them. Put yourself in their shoes, be patient. Go with the flow a little bit and breathe. It is so much excitement, so much sugar, so much fun and really and truly one of the greatest times in their little lives. Cherished by all for ever and ever.
There’s a memory waiting for your family at a price that’s right for you. With more than 20 Disney Resorts, more than 6 theme parks full of imagination and adventure at Walt Disney World and Disneyland, 4 glorious ships with the Disney Cruise Line, multiple ticket options and Disney Dining Plans….what will your memory be?
This year, add a touch of magic to life’s special moments and turn them into magnificent celebrations! Enjoy new entertainment and unique experiences that will light up any vacation. Consider making them even more magical with activities like a unique tour or cruise add on, world-class golfing, spa pampering or an encounter with your favorite Disney Characters. Additional Pixie Dust includes; distinctive dining experiences, specially decorated resort rooms, restaurants, special events, souvenirs and personalized itinerary planning. Pure Magic Vacations brings you to the heart of the magic and helps you create the memories that keep the magic in your heart….forever.
Visit our website for a complete list of Disney Vacations: http://www.puremagicvacations.ca/DisneyVacations.aspx
Travel to the Walt Disney World Resort between October 1st – 6th, 2011, October 22nd – November 3rd, November 12th – 17th, 2011, November 26th – December 1st, 2011, December 10th – 15th, 2011, January 8th – 12th, 2012, January 21st- February 2nd, 2012, February 11th – 16th, 2012, March 3rd – 8th, 2012, March 24th – 29th, 2012 and August 19th – September 29th, 2012 to receive Disney’s Dining Plan for FREE!
This fantastic Walt Disney World Resort vacation offer includes hotel accommodations, Theme Park tickets, and Disney’s Dining Plan! You can choose from over 100 select Walt Disney World Resort restaurants and enjoy one Table-Service meal (includes character meals), one Quick-Service meal and one snack, per person, per night of your stay. Some table-service locations may have very limited availability or may have no availability at time of package purchase. Children ages 3-9 must choose from the children’s menu if available.
For more information please visit: http://www.puremagicvacations.ca/DealsSpecials.aspx